Monday, March 14, 2011

Hip tank from international souvenir shirt

My adventurous father-in-law, Bruce, went to Tibet after attending the Beijing Olympics in 2008. He brought us home several souvenir T-shirts. After two years, this T-shirt had not been worn by any of us. I think it was too small for a man and too big for a woman, so I thought it was a perfect candidate for a re-style.


   

I de-constructed and re-constructed it into a women's tank top. 



My intention was to give the "new" tank top to my daughter, Hanna. So, my hope was that the re-styled garment would be hip enough for her to say "I like it. Thanks, mom." And, yes, that's just what happened. She even wore it to school the next day.



2 comments:

  1. very nice job lorene! looks cute and comfy now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    I really like what you did to the back of the shirt! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete