Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cosmetic bag from Mission Inn Run shirt

This week I didn't dye anything new, so I pulled from my stash an already dyed and de-constructed T-shirt from the 2010 annual Mission Inn Run. I used the back to make a cosmetic bag.



I wanted to pair the T-shirt with some tie-dyed fabric. I chose a piece left over from my 
re-satchel project.


Next I cut out all the pieces for my bag. There are actually four layers - the outside, some batting, inside lining (dark blue T-shirt), and clear plastic (top layer inside).


To construct the bag, I first sewed together the outside pieces. Next I basted together all four layers. I then sewed in a zipper. The last step was to sew up the side seams.



This little bags are great for holding things other than cosmetics. I have used one for a couple of years now to hold my knitting accessories. The bags are also machine washable. They just need to be kept out of the dryer because of the plastic lining.


2 comments: